Saturday 30 June 2012

The Spyders

As discussed in an earlier post, scarabs rely on spyders to generate more of them if you are doing a scarab farm army. I was not sure what to do for the Spyders at first so I trawled through a load of ideas from movies such as war of the worlds until I settled on the idea of the sentinels from the matrix. So I had my plan but how to make them and keep the part daemon theme that I’m looking for.
I looked around finding allot of different options for the base part of the model but finally decided on the forge world mieotic spores. With 3 for £17 this worked out a relatively cheap, as well as giving me a base to work off of.  With a little bit of kit bashing and some greenstuff the first one with gloom prism was made. I used the main body of a scarab as the head to keep the theme working from one model to the next in the army.


Painted Spyder


With the painting I followed almost all the same steps as for The Lord of Flies.










Note: With GW bringing out the new wraiths and spyders mine look alot more like, and are sized much better as wraiths so i may need to redesign new spyders now.
Keep reading.x

No comments:

Post a Comment