Friday 29 June 2012

Early Thoughts on 6th

Hi all just a quick post with the new rules in mind. I have to say the excitement has hit and my mind is already thinking about what possible options the new rules will bring to my Dark Mechanicus. Several of the rumours that interest me are allies, flyers and buildings.

Allies

I have been trying to make my Dark Mechanicus fit into one codex, Necron being the one I chose as It gave allot of flexibility on modelling projects. However with this new allowance of allies, means I can try different combos to make the army both competitive and fluffy. Chaos Marines with Guard allies maybe, Guard with Daemon allies (don’t know if this will be an option but I like the sound of it), the possibilities for modelling projects will become endless.

Flyers

Well we all expect flyers will play a big part in 6th ed so this will have to be a modelling project in the not so distant future. Where do I start with Mechanicus flyers? I always thought of them having big clunky machines not nimble flyers but they do like to use alien technology and daemons so watch this space!!!!

Buildings

As part of the Dark Mechanicus theme I want to add a contingent of Iron Warriors these would be essentially the guys who guard the factory’s while the Dark Mechanic has his way creating a whole world of new toys for the dark gods amusement. Thematically how great would it be to see Iron Warriors with their own trench system or small fortified walls hastily constructed before a battle?

All in all I’m excited about the new rules from a gaming point of view but these are the bits that get the creative juices flowing. I will still be continuing with the Necrons for the moment but when that is wrapped up I should have a hold on the new ideas for 6th.


Thanks for reading. x


No comments:

Post a Comment