Monday 25 June 2012

Spreading The Techno Virus (scarabs)

OK guys so I said I was going to talk robots in this post, but as the army list developed so my inspiration took me in a different direction. This post will now be about scarabs and the farm list.
As I said in my last post I liked the idea of my Nurgle Dark Mechanicus spreading techno viruses like a plague. With this I got the idea of locus swarms, flies carrying plague etc. These ideas coupled with the fact as a Necron player you don’t want to leave home without your trusty scarab swarm let me to consider if I could make a competitive list based around a large contingent of scarab swarms.
So the idea was there but what do you need to make a scarab farm list?  Well firstly lots of scarab bases I’m expecting to need 40+ of these and you need Canotek spyders 3-9. For anyone who doesn’t understand the principle of the scarab farm list it is quite simple your spyders babysit the scarabs and every one of your turns each spyder (within range of a scarab unit) generates another scarab base so if you have 9 spyders you get 9 scarab swarms extra a turn and also generate the best part of 5” movement in whichever direction you need to send your scarabs through the use of squad coherency.



So what you get is an army of little creatures that are very good against tanks and can drag infantry down through sheer weight of attacks
So I got this far into the list when I decided I just had to start building scarabs. Here are my first 15 bases.

And the finished scarabs once painted.

Thanks for reading.x

No comments:

Post a Comment